We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Information Gathering and Usage
- When you register for Taiga we ask for information such as your name, email address, billing address, or payment information. Members who sign up for the free account are not required to enter any payment details.
- Taiga uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- Cookies are required to use the Taiga service.
Taiga uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run Taiga. Although Taiga owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Taiga application, you retain all rights to your data.
Taiga may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
EU and Swiss Safe Harbor
If you choose to provide Taiga with your information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
Taiga adheres to the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement, and is registered with the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Program http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in the European Union, you are entitled to the following rights with regard to your personal information and data:
- Right of access to your personal data, to know what information about you we hold
- Right to correct any incorrect or incomplete personal data about yourself that we hold
- Right to restrict/suspend our processing of your personal data
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority if you believe your privacy rights are being violated
- Additional rights that may apply to you in certain instances:
- Right of data portability (if our processing is based on consent and automated means)
- Right to withdraw consent at any time (if processing is based on consent)
- Right to object to processing (if processing is based on legitimate interests)
- Right to object to processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes
- Right of erasure of your personal data from our system (“right to be forgotten”) if certain grounds are met
Taiga may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Taiga primary account holder account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.